In ELPEDISON, having as our strategic objective to ensure the optimal protection of our customers’ personal data, we consider that it is our duty to inform you about our practices, choices, as well as your rights concerning personal data collection and processing.
Ι. Our principles and values
• We fully respect our customers and make the protection of your privacy our company’s priority.
• We handle your personal data in full transparency.
• We collect and process your data for lawful, legitimate, explicit and predetermined purposes only.
• We handle all our customers' information as confidential, applying every technical and organizational means necessary for their protection.
• We do not disclose or transmit your personal data to third parties without your consent, unless so permitted by Law or by our agreement.
• We fully respect the legislation applicable in general and comply with all our responsibilities arising from it, as competent data controllers.
ΙΙ. What personal data do we collect?
The kind of data that we collect depends on the products or services that you select to be provided to you. More specifically, within the framework of performance of our electricity supply agreement, we collect the following personal data:
• Your personal details (e.g. full name, sex, date of birth, ID no., TIN or any other identification element).
• Your contact information (e.g. phone number, address, e-mail address and fax).
• Credit, debit or other charge cards (e.g. card holder name, card number, billing address, expiry date), provided that you choose credit card as your method of payment.
• Connection data (previous clearance bill, sum, meter number etc.)
• Property data (e.g. rental contract).
• Data from recorded telephone calls.
• Energy profile data (amount of consumption, amount of sum, existence of Heat accumulators etc.)
• Vulnerable customer data.
III. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect our customers’ personal data in various ways, including:
• When you fill in our application for an electricity supply agreement
• When you contact one of our partners - call center
• When you contact us in order to create or to manage your residential or professional electricity or natural gas account.
• Following collaboration with third parties, such as with TIRESIAS S.A., in order to check your credit rating.
IV. For what purposes do we collect and process your personal data?
Within the framework of the conclusion and operation of your contract with our company or within the framework of legitimate interest we pursue, we collect and process your personal data, as well as information pertaining to your consumption of electricity or natural gas and/or other product you have chosen, in order to be able to provide you with the requested services, to issue your bill and to inform you about your consumption, and to manage, provide, customize and improve our services and business activities. In particular, your personal data may be collected and processed by our company for the following purposes, which are considered necessary for the performance of our agreement:
• To issue and forward you the bills for your consumption of electricity and/or natural gas and/or other product and/or service you have chosen.
• To provide you with the products and/or services required based on the specific provisions of our agreement.
• To notify you about important modifications or developments as regards already provided services.
• To contact us via e-mail, fax, telephone or other means, for any matter arising out of the performance of our agreement, including indicatively responses to your questions or complaints concerning our products and services provided.
• To carry out controls in the TSEK system of TIRESIAS S.A. and assess or reassess the trading risk assumed in the framework of this agreement.
• To assign a search for any arrears in case of an irregular development of our contractual relation to a debt collection company.
• To protect our rights before any Court and any Authority, as well as for court decision performance and compliance purposes or the provisions of Law, Directives, Regulations, circulars.
• For account protection insurance, in case this is provided by the relevant product you have chosen.
• To promote products and services to you via SMS, telephone, e-mail, fax, correspondence, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels.
• To prepare your energy profile, in order for us to be able to meet your needs and provide you with the appropriate products and/or services.
• Basic information regarding the preparation of your energy profile is available on our website (https://www.elpedison.gr/gr/exupiretisi-pelaton/faq/).
• As a pre-contractual service, we collect and process your personal data in order to be able to contact you upon your request. In case you contact us with the intention of settling your overdue debts, we process your personal data upon your request.
Additionally, and if you so expressly wish and consent, our company may process your data for the following additional purposes:
• To conduct a research and/or analysis in order to better understand your needs, preferences, interests, experiences and/or habits as a consumer.
• For the operation and management of any loyalty programs and/or reward schemes.
V. Who do we disclose and/or transmit your personal data to?
In order to facilitate the attainment of our objectives, which are referred to in point “IV. For what purposes do we collect and process your personal data?”, we may transmit, disclose, grant access to your personal data or share it with third parties. In this case, third parties may be:
• Any third-party providing management, trading, research, distribution, data processing, teleshopping, telecommunications, payment, storage services for cards and tokenization or other services, or supports the operation of our company's activities.
• Any third-party providing customer care services or customer request satisfaction services.
• Other partners providing data centers or servers, or software products to our company.
• Promotion companies or market research companies.
• Financial institutions.
• Lawyers, law firms and legally operating debt collection companies, in accordance with the specific provisions of the applicable legislation.
• Insurance companies.
• TIRESIAS S.A.
• Public agencies, Legal Persons Governed by Public Law, Legal Persons Governed by Private Law, judicial authorities, regulatory institutions and bodies, regardless of jurisdiction or instance, as long as this is required by Law, Judicial Decision, Regulation, Directive, order, opinion, circular etc.
• Auditors, accountants, notaries, lawyers, court bailiffs or other financial or professional advisors.
• Third suppliers under the provisions in force as regards the electricity or natural gas supply.
• Our special or general successors, in case of sale, disposal, merger, liquidation of our company.
VΙ. How do we safeguard the protection of your personal data?
In order to ensure the proper use and integrity of the collected personal data, as well as prevent unauthorized or random access, processing, deletion, distortion or other use thereof, our company implements different internal policies, while adopting all the necessary organization, technical, physical, electronic and procedural safety measures, as well as technological standards in accordance with the applicable Laws and Regulations.
VΙΙ. How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your personal data for as long as needed for the purposes that they were collected and in any case for a period no longer than five years after the termination or expiration of the agreement, excluding the case of pending lawsuits or administrative procedures, in which case this period is extended until the adoption of a final decision or the completion of the procedure before the Administrative Authority. Subsequently, they are removed from our files and system, in compliance with the policy of our company and under the provision that their retention is no longer required for the fulfilling of the purposes that we have described above or for the coverage of our operational, tax or accounting requirements or for the protection of our rights before any Court or any Authority.
In case you have not concluded a contract with us, we keep your personal data for a time period of thirty (30) days.
VΙΙΙ. What are your rights?
As our customers you have the right to request and to be given access, information and transfer to another data controller and a copy of your personal data, that we collect and process. If you wish to receive a copy of part or of all of your personal data collected and processed by us, please contact us using the contact details of our company listed on the relevant section hereof “ΙΧ. How to contact us?”.
In any case, we wish to ensure the accuracy of your personal data. Therefore, in case you realize that some of your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, do not hesitate to request the correction or completion of these data.
Furthermore, we would like to inform you that you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if (a) they are no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes of our contractual relation, (b) they have been unlawfully processed and beyond the purposes described in detail herein, (c) it is required by Law.
Moreover, you have the right to revoke your consent (wholly or partially) and oppose the collection and processing of your personal data by our company. In addition, you may at any time object to processing of personal data concerning marketing purposes, which includes profiling, to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. In any case, you have the right to appeal to the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr) if you consider yourself wronged by the processing of your personal data.
ΙΧ. How to contact us?
For more information or clarifications concerning our company’s policy for the protection of your personal data contact us either by post at the address listed in the contact information below: ELPEDISON S.A., to the attention of the Data Protection Officer (DPO), 6 Fragkokklisias St., 15125 Maroussi, tel. +30 2103441000 or via e-mail at the address email@example.com. We would be happy to accommodate you.